Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: dv & film

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    as a potential indie film maker - i have discovered that I need some clever kit to do some of the scene's i want to shoot. ie. DV/D8 doesnt allow me to do decent slow mo/high speed with premiere. I thinking I could shoot the bulk on my D8/(DV tba ) and then hire super16 team to do the small bits of clever I want to give me the footage I need to slo mo etc.

    or did I miss the boat, and what a boat is for by skipping a chapter or two.....



    ------------------
    Grizz:

    Takes aim with new ( patented ) traffic cone gun......

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes you could, but you'd need somethin like BigFX FilmFX to apply the Super16 filmstock colouration and grain to the DV footage.

    Probably not worth the time and money unless you expect to make money or have something major to gain from the finished product.

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    OK.

    What should I be using to get some alternate speed stuff that doesnt look like crap.

    Is it a premiere fault or what ?

    leaving it out is always an option. but Id prefer the option of the scene looks cack after the thing is done than I cant do the scene so il skip the effect.

    idea's suggestions recomendations advice etc
    please

    ------------------
    Grizz:

    Takes aim with new ( patented ) traffic cone gun......

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What version of premiere are you using?

    I have done a reasonable effect on deadlights, stretching a few seconds clip of the doll to cover the full title/credits plus a really ugly zoom in/out

    But it still looks okay, probably because the film scratching effects added afterwards then make it 'glue' together to the human eye. I used Premiere 6.01 and ensured that I was not using interlaced fields crap and that 'reduce flicker' or whatever that setting is called on the clip was set

    HTH?

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •